ConVal School District:
All school buildings are closed. School grounds are also closed to the public; this includes school playgrounds. The District has instituted remote instruction.
United States of America:
The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have announced travelers from countries with a Level 3 travel alert (China, Iran, South Korea, Italy) are to be advised to stay home and monitor their health for 14 days after returning to the United States.
As of March 12, Level 3 countries include: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, and Vatican City.
As of March 14, the following countries were added to the Level 3 list: Ireland and the United Kingdom.
On March 19, the Department of State advised U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19.
Recommendations to Community:
- Cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Wash hands frequently
- Stay home when sick and avoid contact with sick individuals
- Report absence to your child’s school
District Response Planning: District administrators and the response team have met several times since March 2, 2020. These meetings have been dedicated to:
- Review of facilities and heightened disinfecting protocols
- Changes in the air handling procedures in all district buildings, based on updated workplace and school recommendations
- Short- and long-term planning in the case of student and staff absences, as well as temporary school closures
- Creation of a specific team to address communications around COVID-19, including liaisons to larger community groups
- ConVal – COVID-19 Facilities Update
- NH DHHS – New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
- NH DHHS COVID-19 Information for Schools
- CDC – Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC – Guidance for Schools
- CDC – Symptoms of COVID-19
- CDC – COVID-19 Transmission
- CDC – COVID-19 FAQ
- WHO – World Health Organization
Questions or Concerns
Please contact your child’s building administrator with any questions or concerns you have regarding COVID-19 in the ConVal District. Contact information can be found on the ConVal Staff Directory Page.
Continuously Updated, Interactive Map of NH COVID-19 Cases