School Enrollment and Student Records

Welcome to the ConVal School District! This page explains the student registration procedure and how student records are kept.

Student Registration

For any new student, there is some paperwork that needs to be provided, including:

  • Birth certificate
  • Proof of legal residence in one of the district towns: Antrim, Bennington, Dublin, Francestown, Greenfield, Hancock, Peterborough, Sharon, or Temple
  • Proof of guardianship (If parents are divorced, we need the divorcee decree showing physical custody or signed court order)
  • Immunization and medical records, including last physical examination
  • IEP or 504 Plan, if applicable
  • Release of records, if applicable

Please see this online Registration Packet and Registration Checklist for the required forms.

Once you have all records ready and the registration packet filled out, please contact:

Melissa Gatto
Administrative Assistant, Student Services
Tel: (603) 924-3336 ext. 2032
Fax: (603) 924-6707
Kelli Garthe
Registrar, ConVal Regional High School
Tel: (603) 924-4120
Fax: (603) 924-2325

Student Records

The ConVal School District keeps student information on file as long as the student attends one of the district schools. Beyond graduation, or transfer to another school district, student records are kept for a prescribed period of time in accordance with school board policies EHB and EHB-R. See also the section on transcripts below.

A student’s school records typically include:

  • So-called “directory information” about the student (name, address, phone number, and other information that typically appears in school yearbooks)
  • Additional information, including the student’s birth date and social security number
  • Parents’ or guardians’ names and contact information
  • Courses taken, attendance records, grades, awards and honors, degrees earned, and other academic information
  • Scores on standardized tests
  • Medical and health records that the school creates or collects (including immunization records and medication administered at school)
  • If applicable, special accommodation records, including 504 plans, and/or education records, including individualized education programs (IEPs)
  • If applicable, school disciplinary actions taken against the student, such as suspensions or expulsions, and the reasons for those actions.


If a student moves out of district and is enrolled in a different school district, the receiving district issues a request, in writing, for transcripts. The student’s transcripts are then forwarded to the school district directly.

Current high school students can request transcripts by filling out a Transcript Release Form or request it on Naviance. Graduates of ConVal High School can request transcripts by contacting the School Counseling Office at ConVal Regional High School and filling out the Post-Graduate Transcript Release Form.

Privacy of Student Records

The privacy of all school records is protected under federal and state law. The federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gives parents or guardians — including anyone acting in a parental role in the parent’s absence, such as a foster parent or step parent — the right to inspect their children’s records. “Eligible” students, meaning those who are at least 18 or attending post-secondary school, can also view their own records. FERPA applies to all educational institutions that receive federal funds. For more on federal laws that guide the work of Student Services, please follow this link.

Per 2018 HB1612 and RSA 189:65, all school districts in New Hampshire are required to provide additional privacy protections for student data. This includes adhering to new privacy compliance standards, conducting privacy and security audits, establishing breach planning and notification procedures, as well as establishing data retention and disposition policies. For more on state laws that guide the work of Student Services, please follow this link.

School enrollment procedures and student record keeping are also guided by specific ConVal School Board policies. For more details, please follow this link.