January 15, 2021
Dear ConVal Families,
Meal service will change again as we move back to in-person classes.
In-Person Students – The schools will collect the meal information each morning and forward the results to the kitchen. I understand some schools use a Google document to facilitate this process.
Remote Students – We are unable to continue home delivery because our transportation resources will be used to transport the kids between home and school. Meals can be picked up curbside at the school’s front entrance on Monday and Wednesday as follows:
- Early Morning Pickup
- 6:30 – 6:45 CVHS, GBS, and PES
- Lunchtime Pickup
- 11:40 – 11:55 FES and TES
- 12:15 – 12:30 Pierce, DCS, and HES
- 12:30 – 12:45 GES
No pick up is available at AES and SMS
- Breakfast and lunch for each day will be in a single bag. The Monday pickup will include meals for 2 days and Wednesday will include meals for 3 days.
- Unfortunately, we are only able to offer a cold lunch at this time. This will be the same option served to in school students.
- Food allergies must be documented by your physician and provided to the school nurse. Please contact your school office if you need the form.
Please complete this Google survey to request your meals so we can properly plan for the number of meals needed at each school. Local kitchens will not have onsite resources to prepare extra meals. If your needs change, you may submit a new form. Change requests must be received by 11:59 pm on Wednesday to take effect the following Monday.
Meals for all kids ages 18 and younger are currently subsidized by the Federal Government, so there is no cost to you! This is available to all families within our ConVal communities.
For assistance with weekend meals, contact email@example.com with “ConVal End 68” as the subject. End 68 Hours will provide food for two breakfasts, two lunches, and three dinners for each school-aged child in your household.
For access to the SMS Food Pantry, please email Judy Hertzler at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a text to (603) 582-0986 and use “SMS Food Pantry” in the subject line.
Please send questions or concerns to me at email@example.com.