March 24, 2021
Good Morning ConVal,
I hope everyone has enjoyed the break. This message contains lots of important information regarding our return to school on Monday, March 29th.
Let’s begin by talking about travel quarantines. As I am sure you have heard travel quarantines have been lifted for domestic travel by the State of New Hampshire. This means that all staff and students can return to school on Monday, March 29th. (Families and students who have elected to be remote can continue to do so.) The exception is the Gold Cohort at ConVal High School, there is more information regarding CVHS later in this letter.
Guidance regarding travel has been updated to include the following:
- All people participating in international and domestic travel who are NOT required to quarantine are recommended to get a PCR test on day 3-5 after travel to test for asymptomatic COVID 19 (see CDC travel guidance).
As we return to school please be aware:
- We will continue to implement our Reopening Plan.
- We will continue to update our Reopening Plan as new information and new guidance become available.
- We will continue to screen employees and students upon arrival daily, please continue with home screening routines as well.
- Face masks will continue to be required for all students, staff, and any individuals in school buildings or on school property.
- NH public health will not recommend quarantine for students or staff if an exposure occurs in the classroom setting where students and staff are seated and spaced at least 3 feet apart with consistent and appropriate face mask use.
- The District will continue to report and follow the guidance of NHDHHS related to any positive cases that impact our schools.
ConVal High School
We are actively planning the return of all ConVal High School students. The administration’s goal is to have all high school students, regardless of cohort, back in school on Monday, April 5th. (Families and students who have elected to be remote can continue to do so.) However, there are several final steps that must be taken in regard to transportation, staff, and food service. These steps are the priority upon our staff returning to school on Monday, March 29th. More information will be out to students and parents by Wednesday March 31st. As previously communicated, all students participating in high school sports will be able to do so beginning Monday, March 29th. Prior to the vacation, the gold cohort was in-person. This is why we will welcome back the blue cohort on Monday, March 29th.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions.