Good Evening ConVal Community,
We were informed today of a case of COVID-19 at South Meadow School. We are actively working with and following guidelines from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
NH DHHS has requested we provide contact information for anyone who has been identified as having had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 10 cumulative minutes or more, beginning 2 days prior to first illness onset or collection of positive test, whichever is earlier) with the infected person. We have already contacted those identified individuals and NH DHHS will also contact these individuals or their parent/guardian and will instruct them how to self-quarantine at home.
While there were very few individuals that were potentially exposed, we will be transitioning the “Red Pod” at South Meadow School to remote learning because we are unable to properly staff the pod for appropriate supervision of students. Those families and staff that have been exposed will be directed to get tested and keep themselves or their children quarantined until 14 days following their last possible exposure.
The safety of our children, employees, and community is our top priority. To ensure your health and safety, we have been following CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting. In addition, we should all take the following precautions to prevent the spread of the disease:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with others. When outside your home, keep a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Wear a cloth face covering that covers your mouth and nose to protect others when in public areas.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you have a fever or are not feeling well.
The South Meadow Red Pod will receive communication from Principal O’Byrant regarding accessing their classes remotely. The students and teachers will follow their normal daily class schedule through Google Classroom beginning Thursday, November 19, 2020.
If you have questions please do not hesitate to reach out directly to me at email@example.com.