February 7, 2021
We were informed today of two cases of COVID-19 at Dublin Consolidated School (DCS). We immediately contacted, worked with, and followed guidelines from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (NH DHHS) to determine if any staff or students were in close contact with the infected individuals.
NH DHHS defines close contact with an infected person as being within six feet for a total of ten cumulative minutes or more, beginning two days prior to first illness onset or collection of a positive test, whichever is earlier. When close contact occurs, we contact those individuals or their parent/guardian to instruct them on how to self-quarantine at home.
Based on what we know about these cases, there is no reason to believe that they resulted from exposure at school. Furthermore, thanks to the vigilance of the staff, students, and families of DCS, no individuals met the above definition of close contact, and we are able to continue our present programming at DCS.
The safety of our children, employees, and community is our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of all, we have been following CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting. In addition, we should all take the following precautions to prevent the spread of the disease:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with others. When outside your home, keep a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Wear a cloth face covering that covers your mouth and nose to protect others when in public areas.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you have a fever or are not feeling well.
If you have questions, please contact Ann Forrest, Assistant Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kimberly Rizzo Saunders