Good Evening ConVal Community,
We were informed today of a case of COVID-19 at Great Brook School. We immediately contacted, worked with, and followed guidelines from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (NH DHHS) to determine if any staff or students were in close contact with the infected individual. NH DHHS defines close contact with the infected person as being within six feet for a total of ten cumulative minutes or more, beginning two days prior to first illness onset or collection of a positive test, whichever is earlier. When close contact occurs, we contact those individuals or their parent/guardian to instruct them on how to self-quarantine at home.
Thanks to the vigilance of the staff and students who are currently in person at Great Brook School, no individuals met the above definition of close contact, and we are able to continue our Great Brook programming as planned.
The safety of our children, employees, and community is our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of all, we have been following CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting. In addition, we should all take the following precautions to prevent the spread of the disease:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with others. When outside your home, keep a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Wear a cloth face covering that covers your mouth and nose to protect others when in public areas.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you have a fever or are not feeling well.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.